SpaceNavigator Mac OS X beta is here!

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

kitewinds

Post by kitewinds »

Is it leopard we are waiting for?

April 24 then eh? :roll: :wink:
EMoeller

Response to ettore

Post by EMoeller »

Thanks for the update, but what we (your loyal customers) cannot understand is that there is a beta for GE that works (it was demoed at MacWorld with GE4 and I played with it). It worked fine and that was months ago.

Why can't that beta be released for wider distribution now? While at MacWorld I was told by 3dConnexion reps that it would be released at the end of March (that being about NOW)...

It sure works well in Sketchup and I don't think I would be nearly as productive with that software without SpaceNavigator.

Eric
John the Geek

Post by John the Geek »

Macworld reports that SpaceNavigator now works with Photoshop CS3, as well as CS2
Logitech company 3Dconnexion announced Wednesday that its Mac-compatible SpaceNavigator input device now supports Adobe’s Photoshop CS3 and CS3 Extended versions. It also works with Photoshop CS2.

The SpaceNavigator is designed to be used in your alternate hand, a companion to a conventional mouse and keyboard. Applying slight movements to the controller, you can pan, zoom and rotate 3D objects. It connects to a Mac or PC using USB, and features a glowing blue ring to let you know when it’s active.

3Dconnexion says the SpaceNavigator is useful for 3D artists working in Photoshop, for previewing 3D models, for example, or for creating detailed texture maps. The SpaceNavigator can also be used to pan and zoom traditional 2D images.
Um, where can I get this new driver?
andyrowe

Post by andyrowe »

A nice tool! Seems to work fine in SketchUp. Waiting impatiently for it to work in Google Earth. How does one set it up to work in Photoshop?
Andy
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

For now we have a release candidate for CS3 which I can make available if you send me a private message through this forum. Let me know if you are Mac or Windows, and you will need to send me your email address.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
MacSolidWorks

Post by MacSolidWorks »

znissan wrote:At this time, we are supporting only the SpaceNavigator product on Mac OS X.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.

WHAT! You haven't written drivers for the Mac for your FLAGSHIP product. I spent nearly $400 on this thing and I can only use it for Windows? Seems to me since you've got the bones of the other driver ready for Mac you could spend some time developing the driver for your MOST EXPENSIVE product! Are you even working on the SpacePilot drivers for Mac?

I use SolidWorks with BootCamp on my MacPro and I like to do my presentations with eDrawings on my Mac. It would be very handy if I could use the SpacePilot in BOTH systems!!!!

Come on!
ettore

Post by ettore »

MacSolidWorks wrote:I use SolidWorks with BootCamp on my MacPro and I like to do my presentations with eDrawings on my Mac. It would be very handy if I could use the SpacePilot in BOTH systems!!!!
look at this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=335
blazouf

Post by blazouf »

znissan wrote: The current outlook is mid-April. Sincere apologies for the wait -- we're of course happy to hear that you all want to get your hands on this, and I can assure you it will be worth the wait...
mid-April ?
So.. any good news ? :D
blazouf

Post by blazouf »

I began to be frustrated by this waiting. :?

We are in May and no news of your part ! Can you just be a little more transparent for the Mac users who had buy your product ?

I've write a good french review about the SpaceNavigator here:
http://www.pixellum.com/blog/?2007/04/0 ... r-pour-mac

But maybe it was a mistake ?

PS: sorry for bad english..
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Hello:

I read your review at the time it came out and thank for taking the time to do it. I can assure you that it was not a mistake -- you will enjoy the GE for Mac solution when it is available and soon. You made clear in your review that the need was urgent, and I fully agree.

Please see this post as well, and again, apologies for the lack of new news and for the waiting you have had to endure.

viewtopic.php?t=790

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
blazouf

Post by blazouf »

Thanks for the effort to be more transparent.
We can wait, but please, just give us some news about the evolution of the mac driver..
ettore

Post by ettore »

ettore pasquini
software engineer
3Dconnexion, inc.
blazouf

Post by blazouf »

The SpaceNavigator is amazing on GE !!
I've modify my review and add a little vidéo..

http://www.pixellum.com/blog/?2007/04/0 ... r-pour-mac

http://www.pixellum.com/blog/?2007/05/0 ... or-sur-mac
lcooperdesign

Maya 8.5 Support

Post by lcooperdesign »

Hi everybody,

I've just had a quick read over the OS X section and have only found details for driver support of Maya 7, I was wondering if anyone here can confirm that I will be able to use the SpaceNavigator with Maya 8.5 (UB) on a Mac Pro running the most up to date version of OS X?

Thanks in advance.
Lew
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Hi Lew:

Yes, you certainly can. And, you've found an error on our website which we will correct -- the asterisk at the bottom should say,