Crashing NX5

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

drkieffer

Crashing NX5

Post by drkieffer »

NX 5.0.1.4 64bit
Windows Vista 64bit
3DConnexion driver ver. 3.4.2

When running multiple sessions of NX, if I exit one session, I get an "NX Component has stopped responding" error, and all other NX sessions are terminated.

This has happened every day since installing the 3.4.2 driver. I have now gone back to the old reliable 3.3.2 driver.

-Dave
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi drkieffer

Thank you for posting this issue.

Please specify in what circumstances did you have those crashes. Could you describe a scenario with which I could reproduce this issue?
agoenczi
drkieffer

Post by drkieffer »

Both days I had this happen, I had 2 NX sessions open, working in both at various times during the day. I would then exit one session, and the crash would occur.

I can't really be more specific than that, the scenario was the same both days. I didn't play around with it more, to see how reproducible it was, since I have a pretty busy schedule right now.
agoenczi
User
User

Crashing NX5

Post by agoenczi »

Hi drkieffer

Just one question more: do you have a single installation? I mean you haven't on the same computer NX4 (or another NX version) installed as well, isn't it?

Every detail could be important in order to reproduce...
agoenczi
drkieffer

Post by drkieffer »

Only NX5 64 bit on the machine.

Also, as a test, I loaded NX 5.0.1.4 32bit, and the 3.4.2 driver on a Windows XP 32bit machine. It has a Space Explorer instead of a Space Pilot. I was not able to reproduce the crash on that machine.
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi drkieffer

Thank you for this information. I will try to reproduce and I will let you know about.
agoenczi
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi drkieffer

We reproduced this issue and recorded the bug. Please read the following post.
agoenczi