VS2005 MFC example?

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

dangel

VS2005 MFC example?

Post by dangel »

Forgive me but i'm not familar with ATL and coercing it into being MFC friendly is proving to be quite offputting. Any chance of an example code lump on how to connect and monitor input with MFC?

Thank you in advance for any help.
jwick

Post by jwick »

The "old" SDK has win32 and MFC examples. You can get it from the Support->Driver Download page->SpaceTraveler->Archive->3DxWare SDK.

These examples do not use COM, but they are still valid.
dangel

Post by dangel »

And will the non-COM interface remain supported?
dangel

Post by dangel »

The problem i'm having (BTW) is that after i've added ATL support to my MFC project i can't declare a com event handler class without causing the compiler to complain i haven't got ATL support (which I do.. arggh).

I'm at the evaluation stage right now - with a view to implementing this as part of our product.
jwick

Post by jwick »

The non-COM interface will continue to be supported.

If you have a COM-able app though, we should help you with MFC. I'll see what I can do to help you with that.
dangel

Post by dangel »

Thank you, much appreciated. We use COM ourselves but in the main just IDispatch derived interfaces as they're easy to implement within the framework of MFC itself. I think it'd be most useful to see an example of a small MFC dialog app handling connection and events - at the moment it's a bit of an uphill struggle (the last time I touched atl was probably about six years ago). Our server-end stuff is all MFC and this is where the device integration needs to go.
superema

Old Archive Disappeared

Post by superema »

Hi,

I cannot find the old win32 sdk any more, where is it in the website?

thanks
Fred

Post by Fred »

Its the first on the list.
3DxWare SDK for 32-bit (legacy, deprecated SDK)
superema

Found

Post by superema »

Thank you.